TBU Professional Development Funding Policy & PD Application
Click blue link below:
By-law XX. -- AWARDS - AWARD FOR STUDENT LEADERSHIP
1. District 2, Algoma, Part X.1 Teachers' Bargaining Unit, shall have an award called "O.S.S.T.F. Award for Student Leadership".
2. The Award shall consist of a plaque and a sum of money that shall be determined annually by the District Executive during the budget process.
3. The Award shall be presented annually to a student in each of the secondary schools within the District at the school's graduation ceremony or at a special assembly.
4. The O.S.S.T.F. members at each school are responsible for the selection of the recipient based on the following minimum criteria:
a) The student must be graduating from a secondary school.
b) The student must not be a previous recipient of this Award.
c) The student must have been an active participant in a minimum of two diverse areas
(for example, student government and activities, athletics, academic achievement, artistic impression).
5. Nominations for the Award may be made to the O.S.S.T.F. Workplace Representative or Alternate of the school by any of: the organized groups within the school, two or more staff members, or the school as a whole.
6. The O.S.S.T.F. Part X.1 Teacher Members in each secondary school shall vote using a secret ballot for the selection of the school's recipient if more than one student is nominated.
7. The O.S.S.T.F. Workplace Representative of the school will submit the name of the recipient to the Teachers' Bargaining Unit President on or before June 4th of each year.
8. The Teachers' Bargaining Unit President will ensure that the plaques are engraved, the
cheques are issued to each recipient, and the Awards and cheques are delivered to each
Workplace Representative not later than June 20th of each school year.
9. The O.S.S.T.F. Workplace Rep shall make the annual presentation of the Award to the Recipient.
10. The Bargaining Unit Executive shall maintain a Master plaque on which shall be inscribed the names of the current year's recipients on an annual basis.
674 Pine Street
Sault Ste. Marie, ON