Excellence in Education Awards
All OSSTF Members (Teachers, Support Staff, Occasional Teachers, Noon Hour Aides) belonging to District 2, Algoma
1. CALL FOR NOMINATIONS – “District 2, Algoma – Excellence in Education Award”
This Award may be presented annually by the District to OSSTF Members (present and/or retired), a student, parent, volunteer, coach, a school team or group, a community group, or a prominent graduate.
Please refer to the criteria for nominating a deserving person in your community.
a) The nominee has made outstanding contributions to public elementary or secondary school education in the District of Algoma over an extended period of time.
b) An outstanding, but important contribution to public elementary or secondary education in the District of Algoma.
c) A graduate of a public secondary school in the Algoma, through words and actions, continues to be a strong supporter of public education.
In order to save the planet, the NOMINATION FORM is available on our website below
Marion Drysdale Award
OSSTF/FEESO’s Provincial Office aims to provide outstanding support to our members.
- We negotiate favourable wage, benefit and job security packages.
- We provide information and seminars on pension and retirement issues
- We offer bursaries and scholarships
- We provide funding to district organizations
- We maintain the teacher certification program
- We deliver training
- And we support our retirees
Beyond all these benefits, there is the exceptional protection we offer should you become involved in a dispute with your employer. We stand up for you and bring an in-depth knowledge of the law, contracts, context and politics.
At OSSTF/FEESO, everything we do is a service to our members; however, we invite you to scan through the specific services listed in this section.
Awards, Scholarships, Grants, and Bursaries
OSSTF/FEESO offers awards, scholarships, grants and bursaries for a variety of purposes.
- OSSTF/FEESO Financial Assistance Awards for Further Education
These awards provide financial assistance to members who are pursuing further education. In addition, bursaries are available for members with a child or ward who has applied to enter a publicly-funded post-secondary college, university or apprenticeship program.
- OSSTF/FEESO Awards of Recognition for Members
These awards to recognize outstanding contributions by members to the OSSTF/FEESO. Some are provincial awards, others are district awards.
- OSSTF/FEESO Awards for Non-Members
These awards recognize significant contributions to public education by non-members and to support student achievement.
- OSSTF/FEESO Grants in Support of Staff Development
These grants support projects intended to contribute to the staff development of OSSTF/FEESO members.
Marnie Devoni-St. Germain
District Executive Assistant
OSSTF District 2 Algoma